"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hiking - not just for the summer

I went hiking with my brother, sister and brother-in-law the other day. It was great! I thought it odd that my brother has been going hiking in the winter, what with the snow and temperatures in the 30s, but he's leaving for Missouri in about 6 months and wants to get his fill of the mountains before then. I agreed to go, but wasn't too thrilled about traipsing through the snow. It was President's day and most of us didn't have work, so we decided to go on a snow hike. We got started and it wasn't too long before I realized why people do such a thing. It was beautiful! It was a clear day and with the snow covered mountains, it was a great sight. Here's what it looked like. And even though the three of us weren't too excited about going, I think we would all say we would go with Jeff again on one of these great hikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment