"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So not ready

I went running today. I'm so not ready for my first race of the year. Which is in 10 days. That's right, 10 days. I went 8 miles today, I will have to go another 5 for this race. And let's face it, today was more of a jog/walk than it was a run. I'm so out of shape. It's been about 5 hours since I went running and I can already feel myself getting sore. Tomorrow isn't going to be much fun at work. I sit at a desk all day, so when I do get up, I will be in pain because my muscles won't have moved for hours.

I've decided March is too early in the year for a race. I'm a fair weather runner. I'd much rather go running outside when it's 60 degrees as opposed to the 30 degree weather that Utah has been having. I've done races in April before, but never March. And I'm seeing why. It's crazy! I don't like to run on a treadmill, I can only handle a max of 5 miles on the treadmill. So, the thought of training for a half marathon on a treadmill, makes me want to vomit. So, I might just die next weekend because I'm so not ready for this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment