"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Swimming

I realized I didn't do much blogging about my training for my first triathlon last year. And since my second one is in 3 months and I just went swimming for the first time today....I thought I'd write about it. That's right, I signed up for this triathlon in December and just went swimming for the first time. I'm screwed. The bike and run I'm not so worried about, but the swim....Oh the swim! I am not the best swimmer. Don't get me wrong, I can swim, I just don't have very good technique. So, really, I should have been training since the moment I signed up for this thing. I talked myself into swimming today since the winds were 25-28mph and that didn't seem too enticing to run in.

I got to the pool and got in. It was at that moment I realized just how in trouble I was, looking to the end of the pool and knowing it was going to be pure torture. I got to the end of the pool and I was already winded. And this isn't an olympic sized pool, so it was only 25 meters that I'd gone. I got through 450 meters and it sucked! Literally. I was trying to work on my technique today and ended up sucking water. Needless to say, that didn't last too long. I fell back into my awful swimming technique. And my sister can attest to it, it's not pretty. She wasn't there to laugh at me today because she couldn't sign up for this one with me. I could blame my lack of training on the fact that I haven't had my swimming buddy with me, but that's not true. I just haven't gone. And it's really sad when the little old ladies are passing you in the pool. Yeah, I'm that girl. The one that gets passed by the geriatrics with their paddle boards. Awesome. The swim is going to kill me!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha the geriatrics. Nice. oh the swim! next year you'll have your swim buddy back :)

    ReplyDelete