"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Running in the rain/snow

I went running on Saturday. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea. My brother had texted me in the morning and asked if I wanted to go with him. I turned him down because he is much faster than I am and I knew I would just slow him down. I told him I'd go later. Well, I got all ready and looked outside. It was raining. I'm not a fan of running in the rain/snow. But I knew my brother had just gone and I couldn't not go and have that hanging over my head. I finally talked myself into going and braving the elements. He told me of a new route I should take. The first thing I said to him was, "it's uphill the first half of that route!" He said, "Yeah, but on the way back is great, you'll love it. Running in the rain is great!" I decided to change up my usual route and go for the uphill. I'm not a fan of hills. They kick my trash. So, I walked for a bit on the hills. And it was raining. Then it started to snow a little. I saw cars drive past me and they were probably thinking "that girl's crazy." Because, that's what I think when I see people running in weather like that. And now I'm one of them. I made my 5.5 mile route in just under an hour. Not ideal, but I'll take it, since my training hasn't been up to par this time around. And I have to say, it wasn't so bad running in the rain. I actually quite liked it. Maybe it was the fact that not many other runners were out, so I had the road to myself, but it was a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment