"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Spudman


I completed my very first olympic distance triathlon in July. The Spudman Triathlon in Burley Idaho. I was quite nervous about this race considering I had gone swimming approximately two times over the past 7 months since I had registered. Ridiculous, I know. However, I figured as along as I made it out of the water, I would be okay. I had been biking more this summer than I had in the two summers since I got my bike, combined. I wasn't worried about the ride or the run, but the swim....
 Yep, that's me, doing the backstroke. That was the longest mile of my life! But I made it out. And my dad told me that there were a couple people in my wave that quit during the swim. That made me feel a little better.
 And I'm ready for the bike. I was at the back of the pack, but I was still there. I thought I was doing well on the bike and keeping a good pace, but then someone would zoom past me and I had no idea how they were going that fast. My body was tired after swimming for a mile!
There was some guy that I ran passed at the finish line and I ended up blocking my dad's view for the finish line photo. But here I am after the race. I didn't even die. It is a good course and I would like to do it again, but I definitely need to do the swimming training. I also need to work on my technique for swimming, so I can actually keep my head above water. Ahh....the things I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment