"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Saturday, November 9, 2013

American Fork Half Marathon

The week after the Tour de Cure, I ran a half marathon. I had a free entry from work and did this race with my boss. This was her second half marathon for the year. This race has a 6am start time and it's in American Fork. This means I usually end up getting up at 3:30 am on a Saturday to be bused up a canyon and run 13.1 miles. Emily had family that lived in American Fork and she arranged for us to stay with them so that we didn't have to get up quite as early. I've done this race the past couple of years and it's a great course. And I like the fact that by 9am I'm done with everything.
 Emily and I after the race. We did it! Again, I really like this course and it's always a plus when you get a free race entry.
Sometimes when I run, my toes bleed and this is the result. I felt a squish, squish in my shoe as I was running and knew this is what my foot would look like by the time I was done. I think I grossed Emily out.

No comments:

Post a Comment