"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Salt Lake half marathon

In April I ran the Salt Lake half marathon. I was able to run this with my brother Jeff. And by run it with him, I mean we started out the race together and as soon as we crossed the starting line, he took off. He's faster than I am.

I had finally gotten my ipod loaded with music (that's right I got it for Christmas) and was looking forward to a race with some music. I wasn't thinking I was going to have a good finishing time. I just wanted to finish. I hadn't been running much since the Canyonlands half marathon in light of things called life. So, I knew this wasn't going to be a great race, but just wanted to finish and maybe not have as bad of a finishing time as the previous half marathon I did.

I was feeling pretty good throughout the race. I was keeping a steady pace for the most part, only walking every once in a while. Which was surprising to me since I hadn't done much running. I crossed the finish line and the time flashing on the clock was 2:10. For me, that was good. I was going to be happy with that. My best time before this was 2:14. I figured I'd take off a couple minutes because I was at the back of the pack when the race started. So, I thought my time was 2:08. Great time for me, I was happy with that. Especially since I hadn't done much running in the last month. Well the results were posted the next afternoon and my official time was 2:04! Personal best by 10 minutes!! I was so excited. Maybe I shouldn't train for races more often. But it was a good course and I had my ipod to keep me going. It was great! Here's me and my brother after we finished. Chambers woot woot! And I have to thank my siblings for these pictures of these last two races, as I stole them from their blogs. I was having trouble with the pictures I have. I'm such a slacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment