"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Friday, July 12, 2019

Change is Hard

Over the past year so many things have changed for me. Not all bad, but changes nonetheless.
- I got married
- I quit my job of 12.5 years - stability and knowing what I was doing
- I sold my house - the first house on my own
- I moved across the country
- I started a new job
- I got a new car - Nigel treated me well for 13 years
- I moved away from all my family and friends
- Moved to all new things

This week has been rough for me. I don't really know why, it's just been rough. I was brushing my teeth tonight and almost started crying as I thought of one of my nieces and how much I miss those nieces and nephews of mine.I'm no longer within 90 minutes of all of them. Now I live across the country and I can't just stop by their houses after work and say hi. I don't have a good answer when they ask me, "Minda, can you come over and play?" It breaks my heart when they are so excited to see me and I can't fulfill that wish for them. I learn more and more how tender their little hearts are. I didn't think about how hard this change would be when it all happened. But this past year has not been easy on me.

I have a job, which is great. But I'd been at my previous job for nearly 13 years. People knew who I was, trusted me to do my work and to do it well. That is not the case here. I have a boss that doesn't trust her team. She's always double checking people's work or having us double check each other. Which I understand to an extent, but there's no logic behind her thinking. She has control and trust issues and she's going to lose some good workers because of it. I can't just quit and easily find another job because I'm qualified for nothing. I didn't finish school and every job now requires some sort of a degree. It doesn't even necessarily matter in what, but job descriptions more often than not say, "bachelor's degree required." And that is a requirement I just can't fill at this point in time.

Everything is harder in Massachusetts. Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment