"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Monday, January 28, 2019

Friends are Important

I've been blessed with some really amazing friends in my life. Wonderful, talented, amazing friends. When I got married, I had two very talented friends that helped me. One was my photographer and one catered the reception. Bonus for getting married later in life: you have established friends with careers that you can trust. I wasn't worried at all about the quality of my pictures or food that would be there. Other people may have, but I had total confidence. And it turned out wonderfully!! People kept raving about the food. Well of course they did, because my friend is amazing!

That being said, I've had a lot of wonderful people come into my life that I've been able to call friends. What's hard about that? When you move 2000 plus miles away from all of that. Don't get me wrong, married life is good and I have a best friend for life. However, sometimes a girl just needs her close girlfriends to talk to. Yes, technology is amazing and I have all these apps that I'm able to communicate with them, but I'm missing that social connection. I miss going out and having girls nights with my friends. Crafternoons with my girlfriends and catching up on all their lives. Making friends as an adult is hard! Kudos to those kids of yours that come home and say, "I made a friend today!" That's amazing and I envy children and their ability to make friends. That is hard for me. I'm not outgoing. I'm quite shy and come across as a bitch to people when they first meet me. I can say that because some of my close friends have admitted this to me. "I thought you hated me when I first met you." Yeah....that's not a good combination when you try and make friends in a new place. I'm sure they're wondering what my husband is doing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment