"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Commute

I've mentioned before that I have a horrendous commute to work. Let me paint you a little picture. Last week, on Tuesday, it took me just under two hours to get to work. I left my house just after 7 and didn't get there till 9. Needless to say, I was already drained by the time I got there. The way home is about an hour and a half. So, I spent over 3 hours in the car, every day. I was not impressed. So, today, I'm trying something new. I'm going to do a little work from home this morning and not leave my house until at least 9. If this works better and the commute isn't as terrible, I may need to do this for a while. For my own sanity.

I'm not used to being in the car that much. Nor am I quite used to this working 5 days a week crap. So if I need to adjust my schedule to keep me from being an angry person, I will do that. It's either that or quit my job. Trust me, I've thought about the latter. I don't know that this drive and the stress it is giving me is worth it. I'm trying to be a big girl and tough it out for a few more months, to give it a good try, but I don't know how long I can last. My sweet husband has already told me he's okay if I quit because it's not worth it if I'm miserable. He also leaves at 5:30 in the morning to try and beat the traffic. I now know why. Although, I've tried to leave around that same time, but I have another 20 minutes (on a good day) further than him and I just haven't figured out a good time to leave. I don't get how there are so many people on the roads, at all times of the day. It just doesn't make sense to me. What else does't make sense? That people do this. For years! They make this commute, every day. I don't get it. So, here goes my experiment this week. Who knows, maybe I'll be super productive in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment