"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Year in review

So, 2010 is over, but I did quite a bit during 2010 and already have some races lined up for 2011. Here's what I accomplished in 2010:
-My first triathlon. This was awesome and I need to start training for my next one.
-My first marathon. Quite the experience. I can now say that I've done one, but think I need to do another and improve my time.
-My first 10K - The Dirty Dash. This also happened to be a race that was in the mud. Might just be the most fun race I've ever done. Giant slip and slide. Can you say AMAZING?
-Ragnar Relay. Run, Drive, Sleep? Repeat. That says it all. This is a long race, but it's so much fun and I always end up meeting great people. Hoping to be able to do another this year.
-Thanksgiving Day 5K. Cold, that's all I'm going to say about that one.
There was supposed to be another 10K in there, but I got sick for that one and wasn't able to participate. But all in all, I think that's a pretty good list for the year.

In the works for 2011: I've registered for two half marathons and a triathlon. So far. Trying to talk myself into another marathon, but with the weather in the 20s, it's hard to think about running outside. Maybe when it warms up a little I can start to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment