"It's when things get rough and you don't quit that success comes." - Unknown

Friday, July 30, 2010

15 miles

A couple weeks ago I went out for a long run. 15 miles. 15 miles is far! I wasn't too excited about it, but it had to be done. I hadn't been running all week, so I was a little nervous. I took my phone with me, in case I needed to have someone pick me up because I couldn't make it. This would be the farthest I've ever run. I've only done half marathons and that's 13.1 miles. So, I set off on a Saturday morning. It was already 75 degrees when I started, not ideal running weather for me. I knew I would be sorry later and that a heat migraine would probably settle in. I finished though. Not as quickly as I would have wanted to, but I finished. Hey, I hadn't been running all week, remember? Next long run is about 18 miles. Oh geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment